You are planning on trying affiliate marketing, but you are unsure of what you need. Today I am going to provide a guide to affiliate marketing for beginners. We will outline:
- the advantages of affiliate marketing
- a definition of affiliate marketing
- What is a niche
- What you need, to market your niche successfully
- Ways to get the knowledge you need to be successful.
Advantages of Being an Affiliate Marketer
- You can make extra income
- Once your business grows you can give up your job.
- The start up costs are minimal in relation to other business startup’s
What is Affiliate Marketing?
Affiliate Marketing is an online business where people market products for other companies. Generally an Affiliate Marketer creates a blog or a website that represent a product. The affiliate marketer receives a commission for sales from his website.
To begin with you need a niche. This is a product or type of product that you will represent. It is important to represent a product that you are passionate about.
How do you Market your niche product?
To market your product you will need a blog or a website which will have a link to the product you represent.For your website you will need a domain, and someone to host it. There are free sites that will host your website and a domain. These sites offer no training so as a beginner you train yourself.
What your Website Should Contain to sell the product
To market your product you need to build a website that includes:
- A link to the product provider
- Content that inspires the customer to buy the product.
- A Review of the product
- Other pertinent information
- Your own personal domain which becomes your brand.
What You Need for Success.
To be successful you need to develop traffic to your website or blog. If you want high traffic your website will need to rank high in various search engines. Ranking high in various search engines is very important so your website is noticed among thousands of other sites.
So How To Create a Successful Website
For high website rankings there is information you will need to construct your website. . This includes:
- The theme of your website-Your website theme is the layout and design of the information you are presenting. Applications like WordPress provide many themes to choose from.
- The Style of Your Content-You don’t have to be a world renowned author to write good content. It has to be clear, simple, and to the point. Long compound sentences are confusing to your customer. Content that is not relevant is boring and the customer will leave. Most customers scan and read content reviewing less than 30% of it. You have to grab their attention and lay it out so it is easy to read
- The Layout of your content-Your content is perhaps the most important factor in achieving good rankings. Where and how you display it will entice people to buy your product. Deficient content that isn’t laid out well can hurt rankings. Poor ranking mean no sales.
- The look of your website-The look of your website is the first impression your customer has of your website. You want your website to look professional and attractive. The inclusion of images is important to help convey your message. These images can help lead to a sale.
To reiterate, a website of poor design and content will not rank well and not lead to sales.
Where do you learn to optimize search engine ranking to get sales?
There are many programs that teach how to optimize search engine rankings and I have found a good one. Wealthy Affiliate a proven program that provides the knowledge to get the sales. This program with tutorials, tools, and community puts you in a position to succeed.
A word of warning
Be careful if you are searching for an affiliate marketing program. Many programs are deficient in their training. These programs contain the following:
- A high cost with a lot of costly “add on’s.”
- Training that is does not provide the level of knowledge to product traffic
- The program is not well laid out and is difficult to follow
- No community
Why is a community important?
As a beginner there are going to be times when you have questions, or confusion. This is the nature of learning any new skill. Imagine that you are learning to play golf. You are standing on the tee and you slice the ball into the woods. Wouldn’t it be nice to have an experienced player to help you figure out your mistake. It is also important to have help to recover from the bad shot also? That is what the community can do for you. Wealthy Affiliate includes a helpful community of experienced marketers that provides this support.
If you have any questions, or would like to leave a comment please do in the comment section below. I will be happy to get back with you.